DIY Fabric Guestbook

File this under O for out-of-the-box creativity. From Beth of Stitch. Rip. Repeat, here’s a DIY screenprinted fabric guest book (sheet?) for a quilt post-wedding.

“Instead of having a written book with guests names, I decided to spice it up a little. I made a screen and printed my wedding pattern onto fabric, cut them into 5 inch squares, and will have guests sign them with a pigma pen. Then I’m gonna make a quilt out of them.”

If screen printing is not for you, there’s Inkjet printing options using the Freezer Paper technique (who knew?!) or the ubiquitous 99c Iron-on Transfer Paper to try. Just remember to choose what would be longer-lasting for your intended use. Also, I will say that I’d make sure to try this on an old cheapo printer first (uh, hello fabric jam!)

1 Delilah { 10.01.08 at 8:46 am }

Wow that is an awesome idea!

2 Cayce { 10.01.08 at 1:11 pm }

Another idea if you didn’t want to print the fabric yourself is to use Spoonflower (I haven’t actually used them yet, but I’ve seen some good reviews of them on other crafty blogs). I know that’s not exactly DIY, but you still have to make a quilt with the blocks, which is definitely a lot of work.

3 Luzel { 10.01.08 at 11:22 pm }

Thanks, ladies.

@ Cayce — I was actually saving Spoonflower for another post, hehe. I thought about the “cheater quilt” I saw on their blog recently. That would be cool for those who had paper guest/wish cards, so they can still turn them into a fabric “quilt.” Just scan them all in and lay them out collage style :-)

4 DIY Wedding Details: Quilt Guest Book | Inspirations & Creations - Elizabeth Anne Designs: The Wedding Blog { 03.18.09 at 6:41 pm }

[...] at Stitch.Rip.Repeat, found via iDIY, photo by Notley [...]

5 SIGN THE BOOK, OR… | Wedding + Home Decor { 12.20.10 at 5:46 pm }

[...] A quilted memory – This fabric guestbook is one of my favourite ones. As a crafter, this would be such a great keepsake to have and something you would actually use around the house – iDIY [...]

6 monclerspiam { 12.01.12 at 5:33 am }
7 http://tinyurl.com/tcacdolby25343 { 01.11.13 at 11:02 pm }

This particular posting, “DIY Fabric Guestbook | ‘i do’-it-yourself®” was in fact terrific.
I’m creating out a reproduce to show my personal friends.

Many thanks,Francisca