Shameless Plugging

Guess what I did tonight?? I entered our chocolate escort cards to The Bride’s Guide’s wedding favor contest!! Today’s the last day for submissions and I don’t really know what possessed me but yeah, I went ahead and did it. 😯

Now comes the shameless plug– if you so choose, you can go and vote for us :-) . You must be signed in to the Martha Stewart website in order to vote. C’mon peeps, pleeeaase send some love our way! 😛 You can view all the submissions over at MarthaStewart.com’s gallery. Thank you all in advance!

Below is my submission:

Double Duty Favors
DIY personalized chocolates served as escort cards and favors for our guests. It was a big hit and became extra snacks during cocktail hour. The front label showed each guest’s name and table assignment; while the back had our monogram and our little trivia behind the table name (named after places significant to our relationship) . We kept all our colors, fonts, and graphics consistent with the rest of our wedding paper goods. This helped pull all of our day’s elements together beautifully.

1 Carol { 11.01.08 at 5:04 pm }

I wish I had seen this earlier. I would have voted.

2 Luzel { 11.01.08 at 6:30 pm }

Thanks, Carol! It’s not too late, voting is still open :-)

3 LimoncelloSTYLE { 11.01.08 at 9:03 pm }

He he … I’ll vote for you if you vote for me :)http://urltoit.com/jne
I entered as mzflounder which was my moniker back when I was planning my wedding. Good luck!

4 LimoncelloSTYLE { 11.01.08 at 9:07 pm }

oh no!!! Don’t go to that link! It was supposed to be http://url2it.com/jne … Sorry about that…I’m on my iPhone…insert sheepish grin here

5 Luzel { 11.03.08 at 1:01 am }

@LimoncelloSTYLE – I voted for you! I love your favors. I would have stolen your idea if I had a similar theme, hehe.

6 Bridechka { 11.03.08 at 12:36 pm }

These are so cute… I love that you put the trivia on the back, its so personal. I will be sure to vote for you!

7 Cindy { 11.29.08 at 1:38 pm }

Saw these favors on Martha Stewarts website and I love them! I’m getting married in March and I would love to do the same for my favors. The problem is not really sure where to start. Do you have a template for this? what kind/size chocolate bar did you use? How were you able to personalize each bar with your guests names? You printed them on your own? Any info would be greatly appreciated. This website is great!

8 Luzel { 12.01.08 at 8:50 pm }

@Cindy

We used the 4-wafer KitKat bars. They were the Nestle version (for Europe & Asia) and not the Hershey’s version that’s available here in the US. There’s plenty of templates for the latter like this one I found via Google: http://tinyurl.com/6s7ov7

The design layouts were all set beforehand but the printing part had to be done just days before the wedding. This is because we were still getting last minute changes in the guest list. I had help from my DOC because, there was no way I could have pulled everything off by myself. I would certainly have gone bonkers 😉

Hope this helps!