Motif: Silhouettes

I am admittedly silhouette-obsessed. Ever since we got them as souvenirs from our trip to Paris three years ago, I was hooked (and don’t get me started on the opening credits to Mad Men, hehe).  I just love their charm and how they fit right into both traditional and modern settings.

I only got as far as incorporating them in our Thank You cards (below), but I totally would have used them as our main motif had I been thinking creatively enough (or if only the photo inspiration above came during my planning, haha!).

Silhouettes are no longer only made the old-fashioned way either.  Of course, you can always go to Montmartre or to Disneyland and get your portraits hand-done by paper cut and silhouette artists.  Or get them online from artist Karl Johnson and others from Etsy.  But since I know you haven’t OD’ed on DIY projects just yet, here’s a few goodies for you:

• Tutorials: here and here on how to make your own silhouettes (the latter, you’d have to scan and digitize to use on your paperie).

Can you see these two with the blue Victorian frame here?

Someone please use them so I may live vicariously through you!  Still not convinced?  Well then, I shall leave you with this. 😉

{ image credits: 1, 2, 4 }

1 Sweet T { 12.08.08 at 12:25 am }

Ooh, I love silhouettes too! We had ours done at Disneyland, but only after the save the dates went out… would have loved to have used them too 😉

2 Free Download: Victorian Silhouettes « Anne Bowman { 12.09.08 at 3:06 am }

[…] was in awesome find from iDiy. This ding bat has awesome silhouettes, but the lower case g and the lowercase p give the […]

3 Mai { 12.09.08 at 10:54 am }

ooooh, pretty pretty silhouettes! so simple, but definitely elegant.
too bad I didn’t know about this sooner.
thanks for sharing such a lovely find :)

4 Toni { 06.13.15 at 2:17 pm }

Hey there,My daughter,Katie Savannah, aetdnetd NC Governor’s School last summer and had a ball every minute of it . Being in a think tank with others who were so invested in learning from really great faculty made for time well spent . She actually met her beau there and they are still dating long distance.She now feels totally confident about starting college this fall after her practice college . It was also great practice for my heart .Enjoy your three week visit !Victoria Amos

5 http://autoinsurancezip.org/getcheapautoinsurancequotes.html { 09.03.15 at 2:39 pm }

Good to find an expert who knows what he’s talking about!

6 http://compareanything.org/broncos_vs_pats.php { 09.14.15 at 9:12 am }

Wham bam thank you, ma’am, my questions are answered!

7 http://carinsurancejuly.org/lowcarinsurancegroupslist.php { 09.23.15 at 11:52 am }

If I were a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, now I’d say “Kowabunga, dude!”