DIY Wedding: Kathy & Shane

Holy schmoly! Check out these awesome goodies from Kathy & Shane’s autumn wedding!   Inspired by a fabric she found at Reprodepot, Kathy of the Merriment blog carried such detail to create her invitations and  repeated the fabric theme through the rest of her wedding details.

The inspiration

Not DIY, but check out the wedding cake!

Now for ye DIY’ers out there, Kathy has oh-so generously blogged all the step-by-step instructions and supply lists for her wedding projects.  And yup, she’s also included templates you can download.  Click away for the links!

Sewn poppy fabric invitations

Sewn return address on envelopes

Ring pillow

Escort/Place cards
Table numbers

Sewn wedding program booklet

Want more?  How about some guest towels?

And don’t forget the bridesmaid handbags, menu cards and reserved signs.  Kathy is one  DIY rockstar, yes?  Thanks Kathy for sharing!

{ image credits }

1 Hannah (SugarBlossom Weddings, UK) { 02.06.09 at 5:06 am }

Wow, using the fabric as the theme works so well, I love all the details- especially the stationary, cake and ring pillows matching! Thank you for sharing xx

2 Kathleen at Twig and Thistle { 02.06.09 at 11:34 am }

Oh! I love when brides find a theme or something that inspires them and run with it. This is the perfect example of a cohesive well designed event. How lovely :)

3 PDX Bride { 02.06.09 at 2:13 pm }

I absolutely love this . . . I wish I could find fabric that would inspire me this way. I always love the sewn invitations . . . and I am making bags for my bridesmaids . . . this is just fabulous!

4 Aylee of AyleeBits.com { 02.06.09 at 10:41 pm }

These are beautiful! Love the sewn program.

5 Kathy at MerrimentDesign.com { 02.08.09 at 9:09 pm }

Luzel, thank you, thank you, three times thank you for featuring my poppy wedding crafts! I’m really flattered that you like them and happy to be featured on iDiY! I already had your blog on my RSS so it was a fun treat to see this come through. Thanks again!

6 Planning an Eco-Indie Wedding » Blog Archive » Embracing Fabrics + Papers as Wedding Inspiration { 03.19.09 at 4:58 am }

[…] it takes is one particular element to inspire an entire event. I was delighted to see this post over at iDIY about a wedding that was inspired by one vintage-patterned […]

7 Merriment Design » Filming For Amazing Wedding Cakes On WE TV { 03.22.09 at 12:57 pm }

[…] you know, the Cake Girls made our bold and tasty poppy wedding cake based on a swatch of retro poppy fabric that we gave them. The cake they created added edible flair to the poppy theme that we also used on […]

8 Karly { 06.18.10 at 3:30 am }

HEY! Omg this fabric is beautiful and would go amazing in my wedding…may I ask where I can find it!