Real Simple Ideas

real-simple-3

Clever, simple, accessible, and eco-friendly!  Real Simple Magazine shows us new wedding uses for old things by repurposing everyday items and coming up with something new.

Row 1: Wine glasses as candle holders; Jordan almonds served in vintage tea cups; Flowers arranged in soup tureens.

Row 2: Bleach to extend life of flowers; Escort cards display with miniature clothespins (I found colored ones here); Candle displays on cake stands.

Row 3: Appetizers served on cake stands; Cooking spray to keep candles mess-free; Hair elastics for holding flowers together.

See the rest here.  So, are you repurposing anything for your wedding?  Comment away, I’d love to hear from you!

1 Meredith { 02.20.09 at 12:02 pm }

oooh – I love the candles in wine glasses as well as displayed on the cake stand. Lovely!

2 Denise { 02.20.09 at 1:31 pm }

Thinking of re-purposing… :)

I’ve been collecting small “antique looking” mirrored jewelry trays to display petites fours on our dessert tables, and brandy glasses to use as candy holders for the tables.

A few of my DIY cakestands (glued together glass plates and dessert cups from a thrift store) will be used to display our escort cards. Fun!

3 Melissa { 02.20.09 at 9:40 pm }

I love Real Simple, these are all such great ideas!

4 chic on the cheap { 02.23.09 at 8:39 am }

Soup tureens are great for flowers! I’m gathering mismatched vintage china bowls, tureens, glasses and vases for centerpieces. :)

5 katelynjane { 02.23.09 at 2:24 pm }

I’m helping a friend with decorating her wedding and I’m always looking for great ways to save money and re-use items. Thanks for the link and the ideas!

6 Mary { 03.02.09 at 8:51 am }

I love the flowers in the soup tureen… very sweet!!

7 Junglegirl { 04.11.09 at 9:48 pm }

How fun. Really enjoyed looking through your site. I loved the various glass candle holders and the elegance of your reused items.

8 Nicole { 06.04.09 at 7:21 pm }

you can buy the wraps custom designed off etsy.com for only .50 cents each!
graphicbydesign.etsy.com

9 Brandy { 01.19.10 at 2:34 pm }

We are using wine bottles as candle holders. We are not changing anything about the bottle (the label or cutting them). There will be four to a table. Luckily family and friends helped drink them all.