Fonts: Ornaments, Flourishes and Scrolls

Goodness flourish gracious!! I was searching for some design elements recently when I stumbled upon these beautiful ornaments.  These would surely be great for embellishing your wedding DIYs.  And the best part– they’re all FREE!

Click on the links below to download.  And if you’re using these lovelies for any of your DIYs, please share!  We’d love to see.

{ image credits }

1 Swirly Ornaments on iDiY « Practically Married { 03.24.09 at 10:50 am }

[…] If you’re planning to DIY any of the paper stuffs for your wedding, check out the free swirly ornaments and flourishes featured on iDiY today. Published […]

2 kelly { 03.24.09 at 11:45 am }

Love these! Thanks for sharing!

3 Kathleen at Twig and Thistle { 03.24.09 at 11:59 am }

These are fabulous, thank you!!!! Thanks for the link love yesterday too 😉 xoxo

4 W { 03.24.09 at 5:52 pm }

I get the ornaments but the font themselves aren’t showing?

5 Luzel { 03.25.09 at 12:07 am }

@W – the downloads are only for the ornaments/image fonts; the text fonts are not included :)

6 Sharon { 03.25.09 at 12:54 pm }

@W – the font that was used for those headings is called Affair you could buy it from this link:

7 jessica { 04.22.09 at 3:17 pm }

i downloaded the ornament scrolls and flourishes – and it shows up in my illustrator fonts – but won’t let me type it – anybody know why??

8 Devorah { 06.29.09 at 4:38 pm }

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

9 Devorah { 06.29.09 at 4:47 pm }

hi Jessica, a while has gone by so i don’t know how much use you have for this now, but i had the same thing happening with the Civilite Tails font, the way i worked around it was to type the flourish i wanted in Text Edit and then copy/paste it into Illustrator.

10 Part II: FRIDAY’S FAB FINDS | love print + wedding photography giveaway + flourish freebies + a colorful new spin on a couple of wedding trends | So, in Short, More Wedding Goodies! — THE KNOTTY BRIDE ♡ wedding blog { 01.22.10 at 5:01 pm }

[…] Oh, just some free flourish ornaments/designs for your very own personal use, from none other than iDiY, via veils and […]

11 Adrienne { 02.21.10 at 9:44 am }

the Aridi font via Fontica isnt available since they are working on the Fontica site itself. Does anyone have the font from previous downloads who can share it with me? I’d so appreciate it :)

12 Crystal { 03.02.10 at 12:08 am }

I’m in the same predicament, I missed the boat and would REALLY like the Aridi Font. Anyone care to share? Pretty please? :)

13 Sharon { 03.02.10 at 10:24 am }

@ Adrienne and Crystal, here’s another link for the Aridi Calligraphia flourish —

14 Crystal { 03.02.10 at 6:22 pm }

Thanks Sharon! I downloaded it and when I tried to open it says it’s not a downloadable file….WTHeck?
I hunted high and low yesterday for this and am starting to get discouraged. :(

15 Sharon { 03.02.10 at 6:55 pm }

@Crystal, I tried the link and it worked, be sure to click on the link that says, File name: Aridi Calligraphia Flourish 2.ttf. It’s a zip file so you need Win Zip to open it. The site only allows you to download 20 dingbats per day, so if you’ve downloaded the maximum you have to wait another day to download.

16 Adrienne { 03.03.10 at 12:06 am }

Thanks Sharon, nice to have them in ttf format… i found the .eps files online as well… it contains the fonts above as well as much much more! They’re awesome, but it’s nice to have them in font format cuz sometimes i’m lazy and don’t want to mess with photoshop lol. Thanks again!!

17 Smriti { 12.21.10 at 5:57 pm }

Thanks for the links to these beautiful fonts! Love them!

P.S. The link to the first one doesn’t work.

18 Elle { 03.06.11 at 12:24 pm }

Hi there, thanks for the info, just what I was looking for after hours of trawling through the web for free flourishes :-) I’ve managed to download the fonts but I’m having difficulty trying to replicate the combination in the image, I think it might be line spacing issues but was wondering if you still have the file if you could email me it or perhaps let me know the key strokes?

Just putting the finishing touches to the wedding invitations, only 3 and a half months to go, eek!

Thanks again x

19 Clip yourself lovely | fritz { 04.26.11 at 10:17 am }

[…] and free flourishes and ornaments can be found on […]

20 j { 08.20.12 at 7:54 pm }

hey! can someone email me the Aridi Calligraphia Flourish 2? i had it on my old computer, and now am in need of it for a project and can’t find a free download of it anywhere! would really, really appreciate it if someone could email my way!

parksidesign at gmail dot come