Eco-Friendly Blossoms By Michelle Brand

flowerfall_garden_mbrand

Look closely!

michellebrand1

ayoska_wordpress_bottle2

ayoska_wordpress_bottle1

Yes way! Michelle Brand, an eco-designer from Manchester in the UK, repurposes the bottoms of discarded plastic soda bottles to create these breathtakingly beautiful decorative light fixtures, lamp shades, curtains, room dividers, and more.  Ingenious and quite stunning, don’t you agree?

brandcascade_inhabitat

From plastic bottle to blossoms, garlands and fairy lights, it’s up-cycling at its best!

michelle-brand_inhabitat

From the pics, it looks like she uses a clothing tag attacher gun for connecting the pieces– much easier than punching individual holes and threading the bottoms with fishing line!!  Sooo whadyathink, DIY potential?  Yay or nay, here’s wishing you all a Happy Earth Day!

{ image credits }

1 Cheryl { 02.13.14 at 11:52 am }

Finally a use for all the Diet Coke bottles I drink !!!! I should have enough in a week

2 DIY Eco Friendly Blossoms | DIY Home Things { 04.07.14 at 2:41 am }

[…] I-do-it-yourself – DIY Eco Friendly Blossoms (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); /* […]

3 Reciclarea sticlelor de plastic - Interior Design { 04.09.14 at 2:35 pm }

[…] Sursa foto […]

4 Annie Kay { 05.19.14 at 12:15 pm }

These fascinated me as soon as I saw them. After looking closely at the pictures, I tried it myself. They are making water bottles so thin now it was easy to cut with simple scissors. To make the petals a little more realistic, I used my curved manicure scissors to round out the petals. I used the curved scissors to cut round the edge of the petal toward the center, turned it over and did the adjacent petal, which left me with a long thin triangle which I snipped off. I am so going to do something with this fantastic idea!!

5 பாட்டில் மறுசுழற்சி ஐடியாக்கள் | No.1 Municipal In TamilNadu-Kumbakonam { 10.17.14 at 2:25 pm }

[…] : michelle-brand  மூன்றாவது இரண்டு பாட்டில் களின் […]

6 Ripensare gli spazi: come realizzare divisori e separé con il riciclo creativo | Ambiente Bio { 10.22.14 at 4:16 am }

[…] l’ultima idea: quella del riciclo delle bottiglie di plastica. Potete tagliare le basi e unirle tra di loro con del nylon. Certo, ci vorrà tanta pazienza, ma il […]

7 Oscar { 06.12.15 at 9:24 am }

I am so excited! So happy I had the chcnae to join! I live in a very, very rural area with no opportunities to get green products! I want to use more green products, but would like the opportunity to try before I buy due to the cost of green products. I am so excited for my box!

8 usha beegom { 10.31.15 at 6:27 am }

Fantastic work we can also use in celebration day

9 http://calindianfun.com/ { 12.14.15 at 10:07 am }

Furrealz? That’s marvelously good to know.

10 ROSANA PATRICIA { 03.03.16 at 8:19 pm }

QUE BUENA IDEA ES LA USAR LAS BOTELLAS PLASTICAS PARA LAS CORTINAS , LA PONDRE EN PRACTICA, ES MUY DIVERTIDO!!!!! GRACIAS POR ESTA IDEA!!!!

11 Tonia { 08.12.16 at 4:29 pm }

Please, what is the instrument used in attaching the rope on the petals?