DIY Plate Cake Stands

diy-plate-cakestands

Easy, affordable, lovely and reusable DIY’s?  Well sign me up!  Inspired by this tutorial from Design Sponge, Tangarang’s version of this cake stand pretties provides an eclectic touch for displaying cakes and other sweet treats for any occasion.  Now bring  out all the vintage plates and decorative glasses and head over to Tangarang’s blog for the deets (via The Long Thread).

1 Alison { 05.29.09 at 1:25 pm }

Hmmmm.. I was thinking of doing something like this but tiered, and decided it wouldn’t work. But doing a bunch of singles? That inspires me.. the wedding cupcakes are going to be on the table with the candy buffet and it could create some “interest” if there were several stands of cupcakes over the table rather than one central one. I’ve got some thinking to do now!

2 Rachel (joliejolie) { 05.29.09 at 8:26 pm }

I love these! so vintage!

3 Barnyard Chic Bride { 05.30.09 at 1:40 pm }

That is the COOLEST idea ever! It looks so simple to do, yet SOOOO unique!

4 Jennifer { 05.30.09 at 3:53 pm }

Amazing!! I’m going to keep my eye out for some awesome plates to do this with, and try it sometime soon!

5 Christie Osborne { 05.31.09 at 5:40 am }

I did this for my wedding last week. It worked well and looked fabulous. We served traditional Italian cookies along with our wedding cake for desert. Several stands surrounded our four-tiered cake during dinner. It added a festive look to the cake table and allowed guests to grab something sweet whenever they so choose. Then, while the wedding cake was being cut, servers brought a couple of small stands piled full of cookies and served them at each table family-style. Everyone enjoyed both the treat and the presentation. The best part: we spent around $10 for 10 tables.

6 haley { 06.01.09 at 5:37 pm }

AAAAH! i need to do this NOW! rad!!

7 janelle { 06.12.09 at 10:15 am }

i did this for our wedding a couple weeks ago too, except i spray painted half red and half light blue. I used ugly plates that could fit 8 inch cakes and had varying heights (different candle sticks and vases) with the tallest one as the focal point with a ceramic cake topper from etsy. everyone LOVED them and some people took one home as a keepsake. :o ) i was very happy with the price and the outcome – $25 for plates, glue, and spray paint.

i don’t have my pics up, but my mom has a few (not the best, but you get the idea!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/10696725@N02/3595824769/in/set-72157619175452325/

8 Favorite DIY Wedding Blogs { 11.08.10 at 11:23 am }

[...] Project Love: Fortune Cookie Place Card *  DIY Flower Cones * DIY Plate Cake Stands [...]

9 Marvelous Monday: Cake Stands & Tea Plates « A Realistic Wedding { 11.29.10 at 9:22 pm }

[...] DIY Bird stands via iDiy [...]