DIY Invitation: Jill & Matt

No fancy graphics nor multi-color ensemble here. But by golly this has gotta be one of the most brilliant, creative, darling, type-a-licious, as-unique-and-personal-as-it can-get invites I’ve ever seen. Yeah, I could go on… but I’m gonna stop here and let you guys soak it all in. Swoon!

invite_scan_fnl

Wedding invitation designed by the groom himself, Matt Dorfman.  See the rest of the suite here.

(via Maquette)

1 bearcub @ weddingbee { 06.11.09 at 11:26 am }

I absolutely LOVE this invitation!!!!!! It’s like you’re talking with a very close friend of the couple :) so cute!!!

2 Maddy @ the Inspired Bride { 06.11.09 at 11:31 am }

That is so sweet! I started to tear up!

3 Kathleen at Twig and Thistle { 06.11.09 at 11:31 am }

That is one of the sweetest and charming invites I have ever seen. I am holding back tears typing this. So touching and oh so lovely. Off to go explore Matt’s site now! Congrats to the couple!!!

4 Jenny { 06.11.09 at 11:53 am }

I think this may be the best invite I’ve ever seen. I absolutely love the run down of their history! God…so unique. ^_^

5 Christina { 06.11.09 at 12:02 pm }

I just finally finished my own invitations last night, and this makes me want to start from scratch! I almost teared up, too!

6 modernemotive :: eco-friendly paper goodies » Blog Archive » Wedding Invitations: Jill + Matt { 06.11.09 at 12:07 pm }

[…] via iDIY. Filed under: LoveTags: :Weddings › trackback Leave a […]

7 holly { 06.11.09 at 12:14 pm }

i just got goosebumps!!! best invite ever! and love the bit about “and eternity” sooo cute

8 Karen - The Last Detail { 06.11.09 at 12:20 pm }

Such a cute and personal way to announce a wedding! LOVE it!

9 Maggie @ Eat, Drink, Marry { 06.11.09 at 12:26 pm }

Oh my gosh, this is the BEST EVER! Adore every letter of it.

10 Nicoracle Photography { 06.11.09 at 1:43 pm }

Soooo stinkin’ cute!!!!

11 Nicole { 06.11.09 at 2:40 pm }

This is insanely cute! And I love that word! Type-a-licious!!!

12 Barnyard Chic Bride { 06.11.09 at 3:04 pm }

this invite is adorable. I love it. My favorite part is the end where it says “…and eternity to follow”

13 Tenille { 06.11.09 at 4:30 pm }

brilliant.

14 Dog-Eared { 06.11.09 at 10:30 pm }

oh my gosh, this is the most amazing invitation i have ever seen. ‘eternity to follow’ is the perfect way to wrap up such a thing, i think :)

15 Bridechka { 06.12.09 at 12:10 am }

Awesome.

16 Paige { 06.12.09 at 12:31 am }

Absolutely amazing! And I agree with everyone else that “eternity to follow” is the sweetest thing ever! I wish I had thought of that for my invitations!

17 Stefanie { 06.12.09 at 8:38 am }

Absolutely amazing. Love the story and the sentiment (except for the anti NYC stuff haha)

18 Julia @ Mélanger { 06.12.09 at 8:59 am }

This is adorable. I guess there are no rules in what should go in an invitation. :)

19 Maria { 06.12.09 at 10:16 am }

Absolutely brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing.

20 dandelion muse { 06.12.09 at 11:07 am }

oh how i wish that such a lovely invitation would show up in my mailbox!

21 Hannelore { 06.12.09 at 12:32 pm }

What a lovely invitation! I always love to hear other people’s love stories and this is a great way to share them!

22 Trends of 2010 - DIY Invitations with a Story | Edyta Szyszlo Photography { 06.12.09 at 5:19 pm }

[…] Photo courtesy of I Do It Yourself […]

23 Adrienne { 06.12.09 at 9:24 pm }

Wow. Almost makes me want to get married again! Fabulous, fabulous. (We did a cartoon with a similar sort of running story for our wedding, but that was 20 years ago now! Perhaps I was on the vanguard of DIY weddings?)

24 Kassie { 06.13.09 at 12:23 pm }

Is it sad that I got tear-eyes reading this? The single most ah-mazingly creative wedding invite I have EVER seen!

25 a modern day fairy tale « Oh, Meninas! { 06.14.09 at 11:04 am }

[…] 14, 2009 This, which we came across on Design*Sponge, is probably one of the most adorable things we’ve […]

26 PixieGirl Blog | My World Through Graphic Design { 06.17.09 at 10:57 am }

[…] is a really cool wedding invite, originally posted on iDiY. I really love the simplicity of the design, yet the words speak and have energy and catch your […]

27 Linkspam « for people who wear clothes. { 06.27.09 at 3:40 am }

[…] Witness this amazing typographic wedding invitation! See how it strikes the perfect balance between retro and modern! Much like the nwe Jello […]

28 5 blogs to inspire your creativity — remarkably clever { 06.29.09 at 12:34 am }

[…] this wedding invite which was designed by the groom himself. I want to marry this […]

29 Amy - Eat Drink Chic { 06.30.09 at 7:57 pm }

This is simply brilliant!

30 Jill & Matt » O Manancial da Noite { 08.19.09 at 2:43 pm }

[…] Rifle, via iDiY Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL. « Obituário […]

31 You’re Invited | Bridal Survival { 09.30.09 at 9:02 pm }

[…] fun is Matt & Jill’s wedding invitation? We spotted this on the iDIY blog. Created by the groom himself, you can see more of his work on his website Matt […]

32 Amanda { 10.23.09 at 7:10 pm }

Why is the bride’s name so much larger than the groom’s? That looks odd.

33 Haute Papier » Blog Archive » Talk about wordy! { 11.04.09 at 10:31 am }

[…] groom designed this invitation himself for the couple’s 2008 wedding.  We found it via iDIY, one of our favorite sites for wedding inspiration. Filed under: Weddings, design, invitation […]

34 Elvis Brown { 02.24.10 at 7:52 am }

que tranqueira

35 James | Creative Wedding Invites { 03.07.10 at 6:25 am }

Great work, love it!

When it came to our wedding, I did the invitations myself too, and they really set the tone for a great wedding. Click on my title to see for yourself…

36 CitizenBB { 06.14.10 at 9:24 pm }

They’re pretty excellent but these take the biscuit for me. We had them at our wedding and people went ballistic. Check it out http://www.weddingteatowels.co.uk

37 Zee Chaudhry { 06.20.10 at 7:50 am }

coolest wedding card i’ve seen in my life! excellent “,)

38 too sweet « the concierge mom { 12.21.10 at 3:25 pm }

[…] wedding invitation is my kind of invitation! It’s so sweet! Saw it on iDiY.  She has an amazing site- you should hop around when you have time- amazing free fonts, great […]

39 João { 05.15.11 at 4:50 pm }

Very good story and idea

40 Straight Talk about Stationary! | The Modern Jewish Wedding { 06.14.11 at 6:20 pm }

[…] One of my all time favorite wedding invites designed by the groom itself.  It’s been featured on iDiY blog! […]

41 Geneal { 09.26.11 at 11:09 pm }

How did you make it? I’d love to try something like this…

42 Cute wedding invitation! | I lost it at the movies { 05.15.12 at 2:10 am }

[…] took some of the ideas from the Jill and Matt met at work card. They’re so creative and original, I can’t believe they were downsized by their […]

43 fashiontrend { 08.22.12 at 4:24 am }

LOVE this invitation!!!!!!

44 fashiontrendtips { 08.22.12 at 4:26 am }

DIY Invitation! I love!!!!

45 Two words: A. MAZING. | Something To Celebrate { 04.30.14 at 8:22 pm }

[…] Without further ado, here’s my new favorite invitation! […]

46 dreamweaver { 10.11.14 at 11:06 am }

Before you realize it you will find yourself scrounging
for flowers, a card, a box of chocolates or possibly
a reservation at Applebee’s. This story emerged because a producer wanted a
project for Miley Cyrus. You can find tons of them to get a very low price as well.

47 Typographical Wedding Announcement | Heather Carson { 02.17.15 at 8:21 pm }

[…] love this wedding announcement featured on iDIY.  Clever, clever, clever.  You’ve got to head over to see the whole thing.  […]

48 Yana & Archita | Jewish-Hindu-Indian-Russian multicultural lesbian wedding at Trust, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - Smashing the Glass | Jewish Wedding Blog { 05.19.15 at 2:00 am }

[…] had so much fun making our invitation! We got our inspiration from this. We loved the idea of charting our story on the invitation because it’s been quite an […]