DIY Roses From Maple Leaves

art-origami-rose-from-maple-leaf-02

art-origami-rose-from-maple-leaf-03

art-origami-rose-from-maple-leaf-08

art-origami-rose-from-maple-leaf-10

art-origami-rose-from-maple-leaf-14

Free raw material, compliments of Mother Nature!

{ found via haha.nu, original from here }

1 Heidi { 09.25.09 at 12:12 am }

Love it! The maples leaves are falling here on the west coast; I am going to make lots of these!
The lady on the Russian source website looks just like me! Maybe she’s a relative.
Thanks so much

2 Taylor { 09.25.09 at 1:53 am }

Oh my gosh, SO SO cute, I can’t wait until I get to MD next week so there will actually be leaves I can try this with =)

3 anna and the ring { 09.25.09 at 7:08 am }

Wow, fabulous!

4 Becky @ Weddingistas { 09.25.09 at 9:19 am }

Wow….just….WOW! How stunning!

5 craftysmurf { 09.25.09 at 10:20 am }

WOW! I love this idea….so perfect for a fall! Now to wait for our oak tree to start changing colors….

6 RobbieLee at Chickiedee { 09.25.09 at 10:58 am }

Wow! I would have never thought to do something like that! Thanks!

7 Brianna { 09.25.09 at 11:15 am }

My friend and I went crazy last year making a million of these. It’s really important that you use leaves that are not dry. If you pick up a bunch of leaves and wait several days to make the roses, it won’t work.

We decoupaged all of our leaves, both sides, while they were still moist so that they wouldn’t dry out and crumble. They’re still perfectly intact a year later!

8 Cori Jessy- August and After { 09.25.09 at 11:58 am }

Who the heck comes up with this kind of amazing stuff?!

If only Arizona had maple trees.

9 Caro { 09.25.09 at 12:12 pm }

Wow this is amazing!

10 Liz Fabianus { 09.25.09 at 8:42 pm }

I love it. I’m already married, but I’m probably going to start making these just because… That’s some creative thinking right there.

11 christy { dandelion muse } { 09.26.09 at 3:13 pm }

how clever! these are so pretty – they look just like dried roses!

12 carla { 09.27.09 at 3:10 pm }

That is brilliant! If only I could find some maple leaves here. There are so many trees where I life, but not sure if there are many maple trees in the northwest.

13 The Perfect Palette { 09.28.09 at 2:50 pm }

How charming. Great idea for Fall.

14 Angie { 09.30.09 at 9:43 am }

These are amazing and would make great centrepieces for a fall wedding.

15 Bea { 10.01.09 at 1:40 am }

Crafty! I love it!

16 Craft of the Day : How to Make Roses from Maple Leaves { 10.01.09 at 9:26 am }

[...] I love it when artists and crafters use “supplies” found in nature to create, and these roses, made from maple leaves (I know, can you believe it?!) would make a gorgeous fall centerpiece or bridal bouquet for an autumn wedding. The tutorial is in Cyrillic, but the step by step pictures are very clear, so the language barrier shouldn’t be a problem. – found via iDiY [...]

17 New Dream Blog » Blog Archive » Autumn leaf craft projects { 10.09.09 at 6:01 am }

[...] Fold roses out of colored leaves; here’s an illustration. [...]

18 Melissa A. { 10.11.09 at 11:42 am }

What another great idea for fall. It amazes me how creative people can be.

19 DIY Leaf Roses | So You're EnGAYged, A Gay Wedding Blog { 10.22.09 at 10:32 am }

[...] donuts. In the spirit of this imaginary fall wedding,  I decided to make leaf roses. I saw them here, but the directions (Lobzik) are in Russian. So I gathered up a bunch of leaves and set about [...]

20 pam { 10.28.09 at 1:44 pm }

A friend sent me a link to this post! Fabulous trick with maple leaves – I have a tree of red ones turning right now. But for sure I will preserve them in Mod Podge as I do with my “flat” leaves saved from the forest floor.

21 Jess { 10.22.11 at 8:50 pm }

I just tried this out on my blog (and cited you). Thanks so much for the tutorial!

22 Handmade Eco-Friendly Gift Wrap { 12.15.11 at 10:50 am }

[...] I think, since it is still fall here and I’ve recently discovered some mind-blowing tutorials HERE and HERE on transforming fall leaves into crafty decorative flowers—perfect for topping off your [...]