DIY Handmade Paper Wrapped Vases

Now this is a craft I can see myself doing in the near future! Plain glass vases or candle holders get an easy and inexpensive makeover with just a simple wrap of natural handmade paper (from cucumbers to kohlrabi, there’s endless possibilities!).  Check out the tutorial from Natural Home Magazine, found via Mod Podge Rocks.

1 anh { 11.05.09 at 11:53 am }

definitely! i have done this for parties and for just everyday decor. it works out great and you can change it as the seasons change. great post!

2 Moni { 11.05.09 at 1:16 pm }

Love them.
I made these for part of the decor at a friend’s wedding this summer.
We bought beautiful cotton papers and sparkly vellums and wrapped them with doublesided tape over tall hurricanes we found at the dollar store! They were stunning – and best of all, reusable :)

3 Angie { 11.06.09 at 2:47 pm }

Wow these are great! I love that they can be custom made to match your wedding colours.

4 Deb D { 11.07.09 at 5:12 am }

What a great idea! These could make good teacher gifts too I think…

5 Richard Santini { 11.09.09 at 9:42 pm }

Lovely idea!

6 Crystal { 12.28.09 at 2:18 pm }

I absolutely love this idea. Thank you for sharing! I have been searching everywhere for fruit and vegetable papyrus paper. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase some?

7 66 DIY Bride Wedding Projects & Ideas - Part I | Wedloft by WeddingWindow.com { 01.07.10 at 10:04 am }

[…] 12. Moss Centerpiece 13. Candle and Petal Centerpiece 14. Origami Flower Centerpiece 15. Paper Wrapped Vases Ice Cream Parlour Buffet from […]

8 azhakesanpillai { 01.19.11 at 3:45 pm }

very nice .I would like to make hand made paper bags . Can you help me ? .

9 Elaine { 03.30.11 at 9:58 am }

Beautiful design for a wedding gorgeous !!

10 Bridal DIY Resources « Miss Alyss – A Beauty, Wedding, and DIY Blog { 04.25.11 at 7:59 am }

[…] Want unique one-of-a-kind vases with your own touch? Why not revamp a  glass dollar store vase with handmade paper? I love this idea. Would love to see how these may look in sunlight!  Learn how here. […]

11 Hannah Millerick { 07.08.12 at 6:39 am }

Monogram Papers in Brisbane stock a lovely range of Japanese Papers. I stick a strip on my writing paper and use it as a letter head.
Thanks for sharing – Great Post!

12 Dee { 10.12.12 at 11:22 pm }

Beautiful!, I have used brown kraft paper to decorate clear candle vases on our kitchen table for the holidays,I use strips of christmas wrap or any holiday gift wrap and it definately gives a beautiful addition to anyone’s table for those special holidays add a beautiful lace doily for a beautiful finish. so beautiful these are:) Thanks for sharing:)

13 sarika { 08.12.13 at 12:12 pm }

Lovely creations it rocks!!