Japanese Masking Tape Craftiness: Part 1

Aaand my Japanese masking tape obsession continues!  If you have been visiting us for a while now, you know my love of yummy washi paper tapes in all sorts of beautiful colors and patterns.

japanese tape flickr1

{ image source }

I blogged about them a while back and have since then taken note of the endless creative ideas and variety of uses (even if you’re not getting married!) around blogland. Boy-oh-boy, do I have a list for you, my dears!  From decorating boxes, packaging  and invites — inspiration abounds. Here is 1 of 4 installments.  Enjoy!

Packaging and label ideas
From Nothing Elegant on Etsy

japanese tape_nothing elegant etsy

From Zakka Life

japanese tape zakkalife3

Vintage postcard place cards from Project Wedding

japanese tape project wedding place cards

Stay tuned for Part 2!

1 Brancoprata { 03.02.10 at 8:44 pm }

Inspirational … as always!! it´s such a joy to stop by your blog! Congratulations on your big news!!!

2 ashleylynnfry { 03.02.10 at 9:05 pm }

So pretty! I’ve gotta get me some ASAP! :)

Thanks for sharing….

xoxo

3 Hazel { 03.02.10 at 9:09 pm }

Oh my goodness! I heart Japanese washi tape, too!! Like, more than a friend. I can’t wait to craft with it!! I literally JUST finished ordering these before I clicked on your blog.

4 SweetBeaker { 03.02.10 at 9:31 pm }

i seriously JUST received my order from Happy Tape the other. i’m loving it :)

5 Karen Ard { 03.02.10 at 10:43 pm }

Yea, yea, yea… but were did those fabulous, kraft colored air mail envelopes come from????? I ned to have those!

6 Luzel { 03.02.10 at 11:33 pm }

@Karen Ard — Etsy. Just search for “airmail envelope” and you’ll see them. Hope this helps.

7 Karen Ard { 03.03.10 at 12:12 am }

Sweet! Thanks, you rock… and of course, I love your blog! ;-)

8 Natasha { 03.03.10 at 1:33 am }

so funky!!! my favourite is the postcard. I wonder where in SA they stock this. mmmm. *what will i make with it?* i’ve popped into your site quite a few times. you have so many great posts. I’m still building mine. I only have one tutorial so far!!

9 Charlotte { 03.03.10 at 2:42 pm }

Definitely gonne get some – have you seen the Lovely Package Exchange at http://ohhellofriend.blogspot.com/?

Lots of eye-candy like these!

Charlotte xx

10 nicole { 03.04.10 at 5:26 pm }

These are so simple but creative!!!

11 Melissa Hayes { 03.04.10 at 8:38 pm }

Just came across your blog…very cute! Lovin the design.

12 Michelle Guzman { 03.08.10 at 8:06 pm }

OH!!! I have a project that I could totally use these for. I love that tape!!!

13 weezer { 03.12.10 at 12:03 pm }

This may be a really stupid question, but can you put masking tape on a votive holder, or will it melt? I’m thinking about jazzing up some plain glass votives but wasn’t sure how they would turn out…..

14 niyati { 03.13.10 at 2:03 am }

this a very new & creative idea’s. i am fan of your creativity’s.

15 japanese washi tape . . « Vee { 03.14.10 at 6:10 am }

[...] iDiY part 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – Creature Comforts: DIY Photo Topped Mini Notepads – decor8: DIY for [...]

16 i’ll get that in japanese please « { 03.17.10 at 7:44 pm }

[...] masking tape, and tape those suckers to everything in sight! (oji & design) (designshop) (japanese masking tape) Oh, I’m also going to start using Jessica Hische’s daily drop caps. (well, only when i [...]

17 I Heart Fridays « Red Envelopes { 04.23.10 at 10:57 am }

[...] cards, centerpieces, frames, etc. Luzel at iDIY shares several great ideas in a four-part series (1, 2, 3, [...]

18 gina grable { 08.04.10 at 7:13 pm }

Thanks for all the great ideas! I love this tape too but when I get a whole roll and then use 2 inches until now, I felt I was about done with it. Thank you!!!

19 I love: Japanese Masking Tape ♥ | How Joyful { 09.11.10 at 8:10 am }

[...] so magical and beautiful on those sticky stripes. I just love them! and yesterday I saw this posts on one of my favorite blogs so, I had to share [...]

20 Bridal DIY Resources « Miss Alyss – A Beauty, Wedding, and DIY Blog { 04.25.11 at 8:01 am }

[...] I found a whole series of DIY ideas on how to use this tape in your wedding! Amazing! Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part [...]

21 GRACE { 05.24.11 at 8:06 am }

 I am Grace from Somitape co,.td. My factory has produced Japanese washi tape. We can print any designs. att-ment(附件) is our product pictures. I promise it is our product indeed, not agent. So the price is very good for you. The most important is that our price is much cheaper than MT, and the quality is same as MT. if any we can help,pls contact me by this email 624707441@qq.com .Thank you very much.

22 Krisstin { 08.14.11 at 10:32 pm }

Love this idea! How creative and what great stuff you can create for your wedding.

23 pinterest sunday gives you excuses to buy washi tape! « Dandelion and Olive { 03.11.12 at 3:46 pm }

[...] i-do-it-yourself.com via Li on [...]

24 I Heart Fridays | Nesting in Progress { 01.12.14 at 7:15 pm }

25 Resistance is Futile… { 01.14.14 at 4:59 pm }

[...] head over to I-Do-It-Yourself for their series on Japanese Masking Tape Craftiness – part 1, part 2, part 3, and part [...]